Hulcr Lab is Looking for Talent
A fully-funded PhD position is available in the field of bark beetle biology at the University of Florida Forest entomology lab. We explore the relationships between beetles, fungi, trees and people. Our research ranges from evolutionary biology to applied research on invasive species.
The PhD student position includes a $24,000 annual stipend, tuition, health insurance, research expenses, and visa assistance (the total value of this position is over $200,000). Opportunities for international travel, conference visits and collaborations will be regularly available. International students are encouraged to apply.
Our lab offers diverse in career directions. You may focus on:
- fundamental research: symbioses, molecular systematics of beetles or fungi, global invasion ecology
- forest industry: pest and disease diagnostic tools, invasive species
- government or extension: strategic communication, forest resource policy.
Your commitment to rigorous science and a career related to biology or forest resources are more important than previous experience with entomology or mycology
University or Organization: University of Florida Forest entomology lab America
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Given Below
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International Students or Any
- Field: Any
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International Students or Any
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for PhD program at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: NA
How to apply
The required documents details are provided in the confidential Links of the University or Organization.
Student must have good command of written and spoken English.
Application deadline and start date: negotiable