University or Organization: Google interns
Offered Locations: Zürich, Switzerland; Paris, France
Award: Given Below
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students or Any
Field: Computer Science, or related technical field.
Language: Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
Eligible Countries: International Students or Any
Acceptable Course or Subjects:
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related technical field involving experimental design and quantitative analysis of experimental data.
- Experience working with large datasets using Python, R, SAS, Matlab, or other statistical software.
- Experience working with methods of statistical data analysis, such as linear models, hypothesis testing, multi-level models, and Bayesian methods.
- Currently in your penultimate year of a degree program.
- Experience with causal inference methods.
- Experience developing intellectual capital such as peer-reviewed publications.
- Authorization to work in EEA.
About the job
Google’s data scientists work within our Software Engineering organization, including Search, YouTube and Ads. We analyze huge sets of data and continually run live experiments in order to help drive critical decisions at Google. Specifically, we support the development of innovative, highly scalable, next-generation technologies through deep research and advanced analysis.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Provide research on topics including Google’s business model and novel search techniques.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative modeling of business dynamics, user behavior, etc.
- Identify areas for further investigation as well as creating innovative methods of analysis.
How to apply
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV/resume and a current (unofficial or official) transcript in English. An enrollment letter will be accepted if no transcript is available. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current transcript or enrollment letter in English.
3. Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Apply for the google internship online by using links below.
Applications are currently closed for this role. Applications for 2020 internship opportunities will open in Winter 2019.
This Internship is intended for students that are currently pursuing a PhD degree program with an anticipated graduation date between late 2019 and Spring/Summer 2020, depending on their program and unique circumstances. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible, with a minimum duration of 13 week
Deadline: Application are now closed,