University or Organization: Google interns
- Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Award: Given Below
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students or Any
Field: Computer Science, or related technical field.
Language: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Eligible Countries: International Students or Any
Acceptable Course or Subjects:
BS & MS:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s (for BS) or in a Master’s (For MS) degree program in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from: completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java or Python.
BS & MS:
- Authorization to legally work in the United States.
- Returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and write in English.
- Returning to a degree program after the completion of the internship.
- Research experience in the following areas; Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking and/or Systems.
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
About the job
Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also to collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google Engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those which support key functions of our engineering operations. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas:
Product and Systems Development
Whether it’s finding new and innovative ways to advance search quality, building computing platform and networking technologies, automating the indexing of videos, or continuing to refine and scale complex auction systems (just to name a few), you will be developing solutions to some of the most technical challenges out there. You will research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offerings, and collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information. Examples of specialist domains include: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, security, embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers).
The Engineering Productivity team addresses a broad set of complex technical challenges for optimizing Google’s software development lifecycle. As a Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity Intern, you will use your analysis, design, and programming skills to build innovative solutions for the next-generation infrastructure related to build, test, release, and monitoring of large scale applications. You will also explore new approaches to automation, challenge the status-quo, and fundamentally improve the workflow for Google engineers.
Software Engineers working in Site Reliability are involved in every facet of Google’s production and work on the cutting edge of cloud-based computing. As a member of this team, you are in the thick of everything involved with keeping Google running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure. Software Engineers on this team love to create robust and scalable software that scales to tens of millions of users. You will handle challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about every other Engineering and Operations team to provide services and applications that are quintessentially Google – fast, reliable and accessible to all.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
BS & MS
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability challenges involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
How to apply
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
This application is intended for candidates who are eligible for work authorization in the United States upon completing their education. For internship opportunities in the location where you are eligible for work authorization, please check google.com/students.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA
The required documents details are provided in the confidential Links of the University or Organization.
Apply for the google internship online by using links below.
BS & MS
Applications are due on September 13, 2019.