As part of our commitment to military veterans, Google established the Google SVA Scholarship in partnership with Student Veterans of America. The scholarship provides assistance to student veterans who are pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science in the U.S. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD for the upcoming school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer.
University or Organization: Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD
- Award: Given Below
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Given Below
- Nationality: International Students or Any
- Field: Any
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International Students or Any
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: NA
How to apply
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the following academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- A current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve) as proven by a DD-214 and transcript, or a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are currently in good standing with your unit and transcript
- Has received an honorable discharge, or is in good standing with his/her branch of service
The required documents details are provided in the confidential Links of the University or Organization.
You will be asked to complete an online application through SVA which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- DD Form 2-14 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214), or Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer that you are currently in good standing with your unit
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Student must have good command of written and spoken English.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) for the 2019-2020
The applications deadline for 2019-2020 are now closed.