About the Position
The University of Stavanger is seeking the head of the Welfare Research Network.
The research network has recently been established and will consist of collaborating partners from several disciplines at UiS and actors outside the university. The Network will contribute to strengthening and focusing research efforts within welfare, increase collaboration within UiS and with external partners, and promote increased attention on our efforts within Welfare.
The Head of the Welfare Research Network is given the opportunity to be the driving force in the establishment of a new research network. As an applicant, you must have expertise as a Professor or Associate Professor within relevant field.
The tasks will include coordinating research activities in the Network, including administrative tasks and be the driving force for establishing new research activities. The role will also involve the initiation of collaboration with regional and national actors in the labor market and representing partners in the Network in different settings. The leader will report to the Network’s steering committee.
The position will be affiliated with the Faculty of Social Sciences. The research network has been established for a period of three year with the possibility of extension
Employment in the position is fixed, but significant changes to work tasks must be expected if the Network is not continued after the first 3 years.
- Manage the daily operation of the Network within the framework provided by the network’s steering committee.
- Preserve secretarial function for the Network’s steering committee.,
- Coordinate and follow up strategy development in accordance with overall strategy, and implement adopted strategies and plans.
- Ensure good results and visibility of the Network’s activities internally and externally, by promoting publication and dissemination of research results.
- Develop cooperation between various internal and external parties and facilitate ongoing cooperation with these
- Ensure good utilization of resources, through management and coordination of the overall activities, and through the utilization of the Network financial resources.
- Initiate and lead the work on external funding applications, including through the EU Framework Program and the Research Council of Norway.
- Ensure good and appropriate organization of the Network’s activities, in accordance with the University’s guidelines for establishment and operation of research networks.
- Facilitate a good professional and social work environment at the Network.
- Provide exchange of experience with other network leaders at UiS. Ensure that an annual report is prepared for the Network.
- Contribute to research projects related to the Network
We are looking for a Professor or Associate Professor with a doctorate or equivalent expertise in the field.
Societal challenges related to the welfare area will be well known to the applicant and the applicant is expected to see the professional future opportunities that lie in the venture.
Experience with research management is central to the position. We particularly emphasize good results from research management and success in obtaining external research funding.
You should also be able to document pedagogical and didactic skills relating to higher education. If you do not meet the competence requirement, the university may require you to complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years. The course will be provided by the university.
The working language is Norwegian. You must be fluent in Norwegian or an other Scandinavian language at the time of the appointment. A good command of English is also required for the job.
- varied tasks in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with an inclusive organisational structure.
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, for Professor l.pl 17.510, code 1013 NOK 700 000 – 860 000 gross per year, for Associate Professor l.pl 17.510, code 1011 NOK 580 000 – 680 000. A higher salary may be considered in special cases.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits.
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Home-job-home, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme in event of moving to Norway, including support and language courses for spouses
Apply for the position online via the “Apply for the position” link on this page. Here you can submit your application and CV with relevant education and experience.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application in separate files:
- relevant certificates and references.
- complete list of scientific work.
- up to 10 scientific works which are pivotal to your research output, including your PhD thesis, see Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts
- up to 10 works which document your teaching and educational competence; see Guidelines for the Assessment of Teaching Skills.
- documentation of other relevant activities concerning the position requirements
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload. Information and documentation to be taken into account in the assessment must be submitted within the application dealine.