The Control Engineering Group (CEG) at the department of Computer Science and Electrical and Space Engineering at Luleå University of Technology, is now looking for a 2 Post docs s to our growing activities in the area of Automatic Control with a focus in Robotics.
Control Engineering comprises the analysis, design, optimization and implementation of autonomous control systems.
The research topic is in the area of Control Engineering. More specifically, the position will involve dense research activities in the area of designing, experimenting and theoretical control development in the area of UAVs and Robotics in general. Specific research topics include:
- Design, Development and Control of Collaborative aerial and ground agents
- Collaborative formation and scenario accomplishment
- Collaborative Vision for robotics
- Decentralized Task execution and overall mission planning
- Visual Servoing
- Deep Learning for Autonomy and Adaptation
- Aerial Manipulation with extensions to aerial co-manipulation
- Aerial Vision for Manipulation
- Networked Control
- Switching Reconfigurable Control
- Collaborative Mapping and Exploration
- Field Robotics
- Reinforcement Learning for task replication
The candidate will perform research with a substantial theoretical and experimental components that should be published in peer-reviewed major international journals and at major conferences. The position will include supervision of MSc and PhD students, and to acquire funding for future research projects from research funding agencies/councils, EU framework program or industry. The candidate will need to represent the group in different occasions, both in Sweden and abroad. Perfect scientific skills with excellence in real life experimentation, former experience in Basic Research funded grants and successful track record in fund raising, as well as perfect communication and management skills are considered as a strong plus. Finally, a former PhD in aerial robotics or related area with the presented research topics is also considered as a plus. The position might also involve teaching, seminars and presentations.
As a post-doctoral fellow, you work actively and independent in relation to ongoing research projects. We are looking for a candidate who can contribute to activities at the RAI team and work in close collaboration with the senior researchers at the research group.
To qualify for employment as a postdoctoral research fellow, you must have a PhD, or doctoral degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a doctorate or doctoral degree. Priority will be given to candidates who have completed their PhD within three years prior to the application deadline. If there are special circumstances, the PhD can have been completed earlier. Special circumstances mean leave due to illness, parental leave, clinical practice, trade union duties, or similar. Applicants who are very close to finish a PhD are also encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for the position a doctoral degree in automatic control or equivalent is a must.
How To Apply
We prefer that you apply for this position by clicking on the apply button below. The application should include:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV with list of publications and full description of all the scientific merits of the candidate
- A Research Statement with respect to the described research topics
- List of successful grant applications or participation in research projects (if applicable)
- List of 2 persons that could provide recommendation for the candidate
- Formal copies of verified and translated diplomas and PhD
Your application must be written in English. Mark your application with the reference number below.
Reference number: 5902-2019
Deadline: 10 February, 2020